Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Please see all new updates and new school processes in the letter attached
Snapshot of some important info and changes:
- Parents and volunteers are not allow on school grounds except Prep parents for collection in the afternoon
- Staff will meet Prep, younger students at the Crossing gate from 8:30 and escort to classes
- Collection times at the end of the day for year levels are staggered
- No Instrumental or Japanese lessons as itinerate teachers must remain at their base school
- Assemblies and other large group activities including instrumental music groups, choirs, performances, extra curricula sporting activities, and dancing will not be permitted
- Interschool sport and excursions will not be permitted
- Students that come to school unwell as per normal process parents will be called to collect
- All staff will be required to wear face masks
- Primary students are not required to wear face masks (High School students are)
- Please call the office rather than coming in person.
P&C Meeting - Our P&C Meeting will be held by Skype this Wednesday at 12:30 an invitation to join will be sent out by email tomorrow, we will be discussing a number of topics including looking at whether there is a need from parents for Before and After school care at our school and the processes involved in providing this. If you have an opinion on this join the meeting by Skype on Wednesday.
Colour Fun Run – please go online and register your children and start collecting sponsors. We will still hold this event but it looks likely it will be at a later date than when we had set down. This could be our major fundraiser for the year so please ensure you support this event by registering asap.
It is great news to be able to have all of our students returning tomorrow, we await their arrival all be it in masks.
Have a beautiful Sunday afternoon on the Hinterland, keep safe. 😊
Principal Maleny State School