The School Wide Positive Behaviour focus for this coming fortnight is the catch cry of "Walk or Sit Out".
This means that to be safe at play and in the undercover areas students will:
- Walk on concrete (e.g. tuckshop library, toilet blocks and playground areas).
- Walk downstairs.
- Move safely around the school.
- Walk in classrooms and between classrooms.
As part of class activities teachers and students will discuss and consider:
- What it means to be safe.
- What systems/ routines are in place to ensure that safe transition around the school.
- What happens if a student doesn't walk on the concrete like possible safety issues (being hurt or accidently hurting others) and behaviour consequences (missing out on play and having to sit under the buildings).
- Proactively reminding students to be safe while moving around the school for theirs and others safety.
- Acknowledging students who are independently displaying appropriate walking on concrete.