The School Wide Positive Behaviour focus for this coming fortnight is the buzz words of "Manners Matter".
This means that to be respectful students will:
- I use manners.
- I speak nicely to others.
- I care about others.
- I listen to others and accept their ideas.
- I am friendly.
- I take turns and include others.
As part of class activities teachers and students will discuss and consider:
- What are manners and how do we show them?
- What manners are expected/ demonstrated/ highlighted in the classroom/ library/ tuckshop line etc.
- Listing strategies for interrupting people when they are talking.
- Using non-verbal acknowledgement when students model good manners.
- Modelling the use of positive language. Display positive sentence stems in the classroom e.g. "Thank you for...".