The School Wide Positive Behaviour focus for this coming fortnight is the buzz words of "Look proud, talk proud!".
This means that to be respectful students will:
- I will wear the Maleny State School uniform proudly.
- I will talk in a respectful manner wherever I am.
- I will respect myself and others.
- I belong to a great school.
- My school and family will be proud of my actions inside and outside of school.
As part of class activities teachers and students will discuss and consider:
- Important it is to wear a uniform and to be part of Maleny State School.
- Discuss Self-respect (grooming, caring for self).
- Using positive language and polite words show respect and is an important part of being responsible.
- Words can send a message to anyone listening.
- Dress codes and uniforms are often part of having a job.
- The dress code minimizes conflict in the school.
- Minimizes judgment based on appearances.
- Teaches students to follow rules/laws. (students accept that thereare rules that we all abide by, students respect the learning environment)