The School Wide Positive Behaviour focus for this coming fortnight is the buzz words of "Play Fair!".
This means that to be safe students will:
- I will play fairly and for fun not win at all costs.
- I will cooperate with my friends.
- I will take turns when playing games.
- I will follow the rules.
- I will share and show respect.
- I will be a modest winner and good loser.
- I will help those that are still learning how to play.
- I will include all in games and not exclude others.
- I will speak appropriately to all.
- I will walk away and cool down by myself if I get frustrated.
- I will seek a teacher on duty’s assistance if a problem arises.
As part of class activities teachers and students will discuss and consider:
What it means to play fairly.
The reason why we need rules in a game and in life.
The consequences for not following the rules of a game.
The importance of sharing and taking turns.
The virtue of “Cooperation”.
Making a list of rules for life that we learn from games.
How and why weekend rules and school rules are often different eg soccer.